Could we be on the verge of signing Portsmouth midfielder, Nico Kranjcar? Was on Dear Mr. Levy and noticed that on the side column Mr. Spooky mentioned that the Kranjcar deal is “done and dusted”. I thought about it for a while and came up with my own reasoning for why it could be true and how it would a viable option for Harry at this point.
- Kranjcar has been playing in the Premier League since 2006. He very well understands the pace of the game and won’t be caught with his pants down.
- He has English Cup experience under his belt, winning the FA Cup in 2008 with Portsmouth.
- Represented his national team, Croatia, at both the Euro and World Cup displaying some great performances.
- His Croatian teammates, Modric and Corluka, are members of the starting squad at Spurs. They would help him feel right at home so it is an attractive prospect for him in that sense.
- Previously played under Harry at Portsmouth and understands his management style well.
Respect for the Manager
- Harry was a key factor for Nico remaining at Portsmouth. Unfortunately for him though, Harry took off when Spurs came a knockin’. Now he wants out.
- Could be one of the major reasons why we loaned O’Hara to Portsmouth. Kevin-Prince Boateng was sold but maybe they felt it wasn’t enough if they were going to let go of Kranjcar; hence the O’Hara deal.
Obviously I am speculating, but it would be interesting to see if this deal actually goes through. What do you think?